This article applies to users with iOS products such as iPhones. To learn how to set up the app with Android check this article.
The Willo app allows you to:
- Choose the brushing pressure
- Receive onboarding assistance on how to use Willo
- Create and manage up to 5 user profiles
- Get access to the brushing history of your kids
Here is a small guide to help you with the installation and the setup of the Willo mobile app.
1. Installing the app
iOS (Apple store)
2. Creating a Willo account
- Open the Willo mobile app
- Tap on 'Get started'
- Start by creating a Willo account by entering your email address and a secure password
3. Connecting your phone to Willo
- Turn on Willo. The switch is located at the bottom right of the device.
- To ease the whole setup, turn on your location. To do so, click on continue and accept the access to the location You will be able to deactivate this anytime after the completion of the setup by clicking on 'Allow while using the app' or 'Allow once'.
- It's now time to connect your device to your phone. Your device needs to enter the pairing mode. To do so, press the button located on the handle for 5 seconds until the small light in front of the body is slowly blinking in orange. It will allow the device to be in pairing mode and to be detected by your phone. Once the LED is blinking orange, release the button and tap on 'Continue'.
- If you have turned on the location, your phone will automatically connect to Willo.
- If you haven't turned on the location and want to proceed to a manual pairing, go to your WiFi settings and choose the Willo network. Go back to the Willo app to continue.
4. Connecting Willo to the internet
- Now that you have paired your phone to Willo, it’s time to connect Willo to the WiFi network of your home
- If you have connected correctly your phone to your Willo, the app should automatically display the next screen prompting you to choose the WiFi network of your home.
- Choose the WiFi network of your home (or of the place where the device is located). Ensure to pick the WiFi network that you usually pick to connect your phone. Enter the password of your WiFi network (ensure case sensitivity is respected) and tap 'Continue'.
- Your device should connect to your WiFi. If your device has an outdated firmware version, it will also update at this moment. Do not quit the app at this moment so you can get the latest features and bug fixes.
- You have connected Willo to the internet and to your mobile app, congrats! You can now set up your profile with your Willo ring. Check this article to know more about the profile setup and this article to use Willo for the first time!
Ensuring your device is correctly connected
- To ensure your device is correctly connected, go to ‘My account’ > ‘Willo device’. If your device is properly detected, you should read 'Detected'.